Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


Easter is one of the best times of the year. You get to meet and spend time with your relatives, and eat lots of excellent food and candy. Since every Easter I can remember my family and I have gone to my grandmother and grandfather's house to have dinner. They always make tons of food and even though we are around 15-20 people, it never gets close to finishing. I get to see my relatives on my mother's side, which include my aunt, her husband, my other aunt and uncle, and of course my six cousins. It's a lot of fun since we don't see each other very often, at least not me and my family because we always lived in different cities. We always have a lot to talk about and catch up, but in the end everybody gets so tired because of all the food consumed. The best part about Easter, though, is getting the easter eggs. In Sweden, we have paper eggs filled with different types of candy and it's so good! All the children get one and even though some of my cousins are over twenty years old, they get just as excited as they used too when they were younger. However these last couple of years, I've lived in Brazil and we haven't gone home for Easter so we have missed some of these dinners and it really sucks. But this Easter my sister and I actually went home, and we ate sooooo much and just had a lot of fun!

(Picture taken from here)

No comments: